Join our amazing Calgary Instructor, Norm at the Calgary Stampede for an evening for our fantastic Alumni Photography Event!
Date: Thursday, July 11th, 2019
Time: 9:30pm to after the fireworks (so sometime after 11pm approximately).
Meeting location: Inside the main gate across from the Coca-Cola Stage. You can search for the Coca-cola stage on the Stampede’s interactive map here: https://www.calgarystampede.com/stampede/maps/park.
- Session will end after fireworks around midnight.
- Fireworks will be shot from outside the grandstand.
- Rides will be shot from various locations on the grounds.
- There is no food provided during this event.
- This event is open to LPC Alumni ONLY. The cost to Alumni is $5.
For this event we don’t cover admission to the Stampede grounds, you will need to cover these costs yourself.
Parking during Stampede is a little chaotic. We suggest coming to the grounds via public transit.
What you need to bring:
You will need:
- Shutter release (if you have one)
- Wide angle lens (preferred – but feel free to put in all of your lenses to try them out)
Flashlight, to help see camera/lens settings
- Water and snacks if you’d like them.
This is not a photography course, so we do expect that you have a reasonable grasp of the foundations of photography before you attend. Ideally you should have taken our NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY course before attending.
This trip is limited to 10 participants, so make sure that you register quickly!!
Who is this open to?
Alumni only for this one!
Oh how we love Alberta’s variable and crazy weather. But in the case of spotty rain, this outing will still proceed! In the case of thunderstorms though, keep an eye out for a notification from us, as we will have to cancel this event (please note, everyone will receive a full refund in this case).